Friday, October 9, 2009

nostalgia




It's been 3 years since I last photographed a still life.  So when Sofia a styling student at The Academy of Art asked me to photographer her still life project I was a bit worried!  I just wasn't sure if i can pull it off.  But after much flagging, reflecting, screening, and everything that is associated with photographing a still life object this is the result.  Some highlights and shadows might be unpleasant but overall i think we did a pretty good job.  I'll admit this project definitely took me back to the City College era where I did nothing but still life.  (As a matter of fact i came into AAU as a still life photographer.)  Nostalgia set in so much that i decided to use hot lights rather than strobes for the background lights.
SHOOT TIME: 4.5HRS
POST: 3
Eating a cookie and drinking an orange juice that was given to me by Sofia : 30 seconds!








Here is a clearer diagram of the set up shoot

No comments:

Post a Comment